Monday, July 8, 2019

Tomatoes day 3

Sorry for the poopy photos but here's a 4 day update. Today is 7/8/19
here are 3 seeds with visible roots



I took these pictures on the dining room table because the room had the best lighting. I'll try to fix that next time.

probably the best photo I have of these seeds haha

[observations]
So far I am pleased to get these results for the first 4 days of growing tomato seeds. My passed-down knowledge has once again proved successful. If you want to grow anything, use the paper towel method. I learned this in second grade and it has never failed me (except once because I forgot about it). The results showed 70% germination so far, which is a big deal. I noticed some of the roots turned a little brown, which means (at last I think it means), the roots are getting a little too much air, but it won't kill the seedling. Because of this, I'm going to make my weekly checkups every 4 days just so I can monitor that browning. I'll leave a comment to tell you what it actually means when I do a little research.

[measurements]
No measurements until the stem sprouts

[Anything interesting]
I need to do a better job taking pictures because I don't want to look back on this report and cringe over how bad and useless the pictures are. I'll find some lighting and everything to get the best quality documentation. I hope you were able to read through my grammar issues ..... 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment