Thursday, July 4, 2019

Now starting my tomato growing series

Thanks to the Sustainable Food Center and Youtube, I am now inspired to grow some tomato plants this summer. I thought it was too late to grow anything at this point, but apparently, tomatoes are a good crop to grow during the mid-summer in Texas. Since I have been binge watching other plant time-lapses and have been on a plant growing high, I'm going to try documenting the growth of a few tomatoes. Plus, it's summertime and I have a lot more free time on my hands right now, so why not start a tomato garden?!

I bought some seeds from the dollar store a few months ago before school ended. I made a little greenhouse for them to germinate quicker, and immediately I began to see results. I was so happy to see that I was about to be the mother of 5 little tomato plants. Alas, my joy was short lives. When the seedlings began to sprout leaves after a few weeks of germinating, I moved them to a larger DIY greenhouse. I kept them in there for a week and noticed that the plants weren't growing at all. They all died. I was upset with this result but not too upset because even though I wasted some tomato seeds, I glad it was only 5. I still have plenty of opportunities to keep trying to grow tomatoes. I now know that tomatoes can't grow in moist climates and they need a lot of sunlight.

So with that said, I will now be this documentation!

Look @ my tomato page for day one.

In each blog post, you will see the following:
  • A minimum of 3 photos of the plant's growth
  • A paragraph of observations
  • A measurement of the seedling's length
  • The date and time of the photos taken
  • Anything else I find interesting that I might share

No comments:

Post a Comment