Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Secret Santa Gift

Happy Holidays!

This hat was a gift (and pay-back) for one of my best friends. The burgundy color and pom style was her choice, but I noticed the ribbed-style is pretty popular in clothing stores and retail. Luckily, my friend doesn't have to pay a dime for her favorite and authentic hats!





One thing I enjoyed from making this hat is that I used no references. I got frustrated with the first Ribbed Beanie Pattern, so I decided to let loose and see what I could create. In fact, it turned out to be a success! I didn't get a chance to talk to about it to my best friend, but I know she loves it. I've made her a similar beanie in 8th grade for homecoming, which also looked nice.

Below is the little pattern for this beanie. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, so this pattern may not be helpful for all beginners. Although, this pattern was very simple and took me about one day to make; without interruptions. Best of all, this hat was super simple and easy to make, so I definetly encourage everyone to try this pattern!

Sweet Ribbed Beanie by Tianna

Abreviations: Double crochet- dc, Chain- ch, stitch- st

Materials:
  • One skein of Yarn (I used Red Heart Super Saver burgundy)
  • Scissors
  • 5.5 mm crochet hook (5.0 and 6.0 will also work just as fine)
  • Yarn Needle (Optional)
Pattern:

STEP 1: Chain 33

STEP 2: Begin your first row by inserting one dc in the 3rd ch from the hook. Insert one dc in each chain all the way to the last. Then, ch 2 and turn.

STEP 3: Row 2; Insert one dc in the back of the first st from the hook. Then, insert one dc in every back st until the last st (not the ch2 from the last row). Ch 2 and turn.

STEP 4: Repeat Step 3 for rows 3-53, or until your desired length. Keep in mind that the more rows you make, the wider your hat will be. 54 rows will fit the average juniors/womens head size (22 in).

STEP 5: Fast off and cut the excess string.

STEP 6: Sew both of the shortest ends of the large rectangle of dc evenly together with your yarn needle or crochet hook.

STEP 7: Weave in a long piece of yarn into the top or bottom edge of the hat. I find it easier to weave the string as if  I am making a drawstring bag. Tie all loose ends and weave them into the stitches.

STEP 8: Well done! You finished the hat! For the Pom, I recommend using this tutorial.

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment